- 1 cup cooked broccoli stems, [peeled]
- 1 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
- 1/4 t curry powder.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 roma tomato, diced.
- 1 scallion, sliced.
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped.
In a food processor, blend the broccoli stems with the lemon juice, curry, garlic and pepper until completely smooth.
Mix with the remaining ingredients and chill before serving.
Brown Basmati Rice
- 1 cup brown basmati rice.
- 1 cup water.
- 1\2 cup white wine.
- 1\4 cup frozen peas.
- 1 clove garlic.[ chopped]
- 1 t fresh ginger. [chopped]
- 1 t olive oil.
- 1 T chopped parsley.
- optional: 1 t curry powder.
Wash and rinse rice and set aside
SautČ ginger and garlic with oil and 1 t of water in saucepan for1 minute.
Add rice and stir while sauting for 30 sec over high heat.
Add water and curry powder and boil moderately until rice begins to pit.
Add wine and frozen peas and keep heat up just until it comes back to a boil.
Cover tightly and turn the heat down to simmer and let cook for 20 minutes.
Turn off heat and leave pot covered on burner for another 15 minutes
Serve and sprinkle parsley over top
- 1 small head finely sliced cabbage.
- 1 stalk celery.
- 1 red pepper.
- 1 small carrot.
- 1 scallion.
- sprigs of parsley.
- julienne pepper and carrot.
- Finely chop celery, scallion and parsley.
- 1 T balsamic vinegar.
- juice from 1 lime.
- 1 t dry mustard.
- 1 t Ketjap Manis [tamari or soy will do].
- 1 T pure maple syrup.
- a dusting of cayenne.
- 1/2 t caraway seed.
Toss and refrigerate.
- 6 small pitas.
- 1 T olive oil.
- 1 onion finely chopped.
- 1 clove garlic, minced.
- 6 thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms.
- 1 large potato, grated.
- 1 cup white wine.
- 1\4 cup soft tofu.
- 1 T chopped fresh dill.
- 1 T chopped parsley.
- cayenne pepper to taste.
- apple sauce
Brown the onion in a skillet first, then add garlic and mushrooms and saute for one minute.
Add wine, cayenne, tofu and potatoes and cook mixture for 10 minutes until liquid is reduced to about half.
Blend in herbs just before serving.
Stuff pitas with mixture and serve with apple sauce.
- 5 roma tomatoes [chopped].
- 1 jalapeno pepper, [chopped].
- 1 bell pepper,[chopped], any color will do but I prefer yellow.
- 2 T finely chopped fresh cilantro.
- 2 T finely chopped parsley.
- 1 small red onion, [finely chopped].
- 2 cloves garlic, [minced].
- 1 t balsamic vinegar, (or lemon juice).
Mix, chill and serve.
- 1 T peanut oil.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- 1 t fresh grated ginger.
- 1\4 t cayenne.
- 200g[1\2lb] sea scallops.
- 300g asparagus, sliced into 1\2in. pieces
- 1 scallion, sliced into 1\2 in. pieces
- 1 t Ketjap manis.
- 1 T Saki.
- 1 t cornstarch.
- 1 T water.
- 2 T toasted sesame seeds.
Trim the white ends off the asparagus. Saute garlic, ginger, cayenne and scallops in skillet for two minutes, remove and set aside. Stir fry the asparagus and scallions for 3 minutes then return the scallops and cover the skillet over low heat for 1 minute while you prepare thickening sauce.
Mix water, cornstarch, saki and Ketjap manis in a small bowl until smooth.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in the thickening sauce. Return skillet to heat until sauce thickens. Serve and garnish with sesame seeds.
- 4 med. potatoes, cut into 1\2 in. cubes.
- 1 green pepper, chopped.
- 1 red pepper, chopped.
- 1 lb. mushrooms, quartered.
- 2 med. Spanish onions, [diced yellow onions will do].
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped.
- 1 clove garlic.
- Louisiana hot sauce. [optional]
- 1 T chopped rosemary.
Saue the onions and the garlic with some water until the onions begin to get translucent.
Add the potatoes and 1/4 cup of water, the peppers and the mushroom, and the rosemary, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and hot sauce to taste. cook until the potatoes are done.
Garnish with a few sprigs of parsley.